Cab we didn't change anything after we got the carb and timing set on the 98. Having to mess with the oiling issue took up some time and it was an hour of closing time when I pulled out for home. I wasn't looking for every ounce of power and I probably left some on the table due to my ignorance.

FastmOp, I have a street/strip 69 Dart, it was 3260 with me and the 408, will probably be in the 3300# range with the added weight of the R block.

This will sound silly, but lunch was the best part of the day. Dale had told me earlier that they broke for lunch and I was welcome to go with them. It was Wednesday and they always ate at Subway on Wednesdays because you get a free cookie. I told Dale I like cookies. It was like having lunch with some old friends you hadn't seen in a long time, that's the best I can describe it. I'd guess Dale and I are close in age, he has raced just about everything but skate boards. It turns out that we knew a lot of the same people in truck pulling and in dirt cars.

Dale has Mancini's old SS Dart and the Hemi for it is going on the dyno probably tomorrow. He also owns a 318 Volarie or Aspen wagon that is a current NHRA stocker national record holder. He told me it's capable of bombing the index if he wanted. I saw another Volarie wagon and another Dart that were his. The other wagon is a 408 4 speed, he said it's a hoot to beat up on the young guys and their mustangs with it.

I took it as a huge compliment when Dale told me he was impressed with my engine. I explained to him that a couple very sharp guys had pointed me in the right direction and kept me from trotting off in left field.