Well ya'll have convinced me that the check valve issue is probably off base although the one that behaves the best is a GM with a Q-jet that has a check valve filter in the inlet. An electric fuel pump in the rear would require power to be run back to it which isn't the end of the world but I really don't want to do and I'm a little concerned about running an inline pump that runs all the time without a return line, the concern being that it will overpower the needle and seats. Hopefully I will see liveable results with good fuel.

How about this for an idea, I have used a gas cap with a tire valve stem in it in the past to pressurize the tank for starting a flow to drain the tank, what if I used that cap and put about 10 lbs. of pressure to the tank to get the fuel to the engine fast on the first start up. Maybe 5 lbs is better. I might try that on a lesser car to see how it works just incase something doesn't work.

Thanks for the input folks, i have been living with it and will no doubt continue to, no way am I gonna stop driving my cars.

Careful, your character's showing!