While waiting for those elusive Mopar R/B iron blocks to appear,we are working on assembling everything else not engine related. If they don't surface in a few months, we'll go forward w/aluminum main capped,late thick- main webb production block.
We are removing or trimming everywhere we safely can. I thought that I should pass along something that I found a while ago on another website while trying to find anything fiberglass for this old Lancer.We built our own race quality, fiberglass hood.It's not show quality,but looks and fits great for race only vehicle.I googled-How to make a fiberglass hood- and this what I came across.The author described his process for making a 94 Chrysler Concorde hood.We followed his instruction and built a Lancer hood.We may now build a lift off trunk lid the same way. Hood came out great!Got a racecar with no fiberglass available- have a look at this site. www.midwestattachment.com/hood.htm
We also built a glass front bumper using 2 sectioned fiberglass 71-72 Maverick front bumpers. We're trying to save money wherever we can so we can spend it where it makes the most sense-AN AFTERMAKET BLOCK!