So this thread kind of died out but I am going down this road now. I have a "Pro-touring" car now and want to get it to a point where I can start doing HPDE's, track days, and eventually become associated with a sanctioning body of racing. Up for sale is everything "Pro-touring". I came to realize the "Pro-touring" cars are really just pretend race cars and I went down the wrong road for a long time. If you guys know anyone who wants to buy a 19"/18" wheel and tire combo let me know.

My plan is to sell my suspension, wheels/tires, Pro-charger, 5 speed, and possibly the Dana in favor of more reliable and durable components. What I need to do is re-cam the engine, get higher CR pistons, 4 speed or close ratio 5 speed, make it safe, and get some realistic tire sizes on the car. I need a little guidance on

I know this doesn't all have to happen at once to go have fun but that is my intended end state. My order of business is pulling the engine and doing what is necessary to it. It is a solid engine with not a lot of miles and it's all forged internals make a great staring point for the power plant. I need a little guidance on cam profiles and ideal compression ratio for the intended purpose.

The wheels and tires cost an obscene amount of money but at this point, if I can get out of them what it takes to get into some Minilites and tires than I'm fine with that. I have a cage builder lined up and I'm trying to find out what the specs need to be before we start on that. SCCA GCR is pretty simple but my intended use is not Auto-X. I have no idea what other GCR's I should be looking at. I guess I need to find out what sanctioning body I will be associated with and look at their GCR to determine their req.'s for the cage, right? Or, is there a standard of cage which can be built that exceeds all other standards? Couldn't I just build a chromoly 10 pt cage and be blessed by any sanctioning body?

So, after cage, tires, and building a high RPM N/A engine get me into the action? All the other stuff is second priority from what I'm understanding. I intend to replace the other components but to get going, are these the items needing attention first?

I have so many other questions about things like the virtues of an 8.75 rear vs the S-60, will my current suspension be allowed for display classes, ...? I don't really have a hard on to run in Vintage class but are there sanctioning bodies that won't let me run at all with a coilover suspension?

Finding a mentor, so to speak, would be great. I'm not really looking for someone to tell me how much worse Alter-K-tion suspensions are than stock, or how 6 piston Wilwood calipers dust boots are going to fail. Like I said, a lot of that stuff is planned to be replaced. I just want someone to help me arrive at a starting point to get on the track.

70 'cuda: ProCharged 408, Tremec 5 speed, S60,triangulated 4 link, Hydroboost and Wilwoods