Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy
I've done quite a few conversions on early 90's Toyota vehicles with zero issues. I have done a conversion on a 68 Chrysler 300 and retained the original hoses,drier, and compressor. The owner has been using it for 3 years with no issues at all.
The automotive industry was putting out some ridiculous claims that your system would be ruined and you have to change all your rubber components before you make the conversion. It's all just a bunch of propaganda to make you buy more parts $$$.
I have had good results with all my conversions twocents

Gus beer

Same here as I have changed a bunch of cars from R-12 to the R-134 and all have worked good with no problems. As Gus said when they first came about they were telling us we had to change alot of parts including the comp on some cars. Then a few years later they changed what they said. You should evacuate the system real good and use the right comp oil for the R-134. I have done many and have not changed the comp or drier on some. But I tell the cust to change the drier as thats the way I was taught on AC systems but like I say they have worked fine for me even on the ones where the cust would not let me change the drier or accumulator. Ron