Originally Posted By lewtot184
i think more power would be gained by sending those stealth heads out and bringing the flow up to specs than taking a chance on over camming that 383. 383's are easy to over cam. i do have experience with that 2330 cam and like it but you probably wouldn't gain that much for the time and money spent.

I agree! thumbs
That may get you on track for more performance. Pay more attention to your cam/working compression relationship from those heads (383's like smaller chamber volumes and quench. Lousy piston selection though, unless you go stroker). 440's make power somewhat easier having the large chamber with or without quench (440 piston selection is BETTER). Once you have that bit of info, your newfound ignition timing and carb tune will help net you the power you are looking for. FWIW stickier tires and a bit more gear can help
make the combo work better. Want to keep the stock hood look? Maybe an M1 or SD manifold may work. Food for thought? work

fury

Last edited by HYPER8oSoNic; 01/16/16 03:21 AM.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)