My cousins grew up with the Laundry boys. There was three of them.
I knew this car from when Bob Laundry owned it however I did not know the car was originally purple as we never paid attention to those things. I remembered the car as lime light green however that was another car that Bob owned. The Laundry boys were motor heads and owned many cars back in the day, most of them Mopars.
When I saw this post I called Bob Laundry and he confirmed that he owned it for a while and sold it as I stated above to a guy from Peterborough. Bob did not wreck the car. That isn't to say he never bumped the car, it was never damaged beyond repair while he owned it.
When I found the car in the late 80s the young owner had taken the car apart and the body was sitting on blocks beside their farm house. I bought the hood and rear end however I found a better hood and sold the one from the purple car to a guy from Deseronto Ontario. The rear end was sold many years later to a friend from Iowa.
It seems the body was bought and sold by Nigel. The original 440 was already gone by the late 70s as there was a 318 in the car, and the car had been repainted blue before Bob Laundry bought it.
As suggested you could go yo the MTO here and try and buy a transfer package to see if the VIN remains in the system and there is current ownership information.
You can contact Bob Laundry as he is listed in Campbellford under R Laundry.

'.. it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today..'
Jim Steinman