I'm trying to get my '66 Sport Fury convertible started after 19 years of sitting. The car started and drove until that time. . It cranks strongly and the ignition system is live when you turn the key. I wasn't getting gas into the carburetor so I took out the inlet valve and seat and they were clogged and stuck. Some Gumout cured that. There was still no gas coming through the carb so I'm assuming the carb needs a cleaning and rebuilding. The bowl did fill up with gas and was dripping out the inlet, probably because the fuel pump was pumping and the gas had no place to go after the bowl filled up. My friend is a tech and said he rebuild it, but I need to find a rebuild kit first. The engine is a 383 and the carb is a Carter BBD that may not be original to the car because there is no tag on it anymore. Can anyone suggest what carb kit to buy based on the pictures I attached?

The throttle cable has a weird bend in it (partially visible in picture)and I think the gas pedal doesn't have full travel. The fuel inlet line has a bend near the carb. These things make me believe the carburetor came from another year/model. The only markings I've found so far(besides the Carter name and address) is the number 6-1925 on the right front of the carb.

Also, is it possible to spray (and where to spray) or dunk the carb in one piece to loosen things up to avoid rebuilding it? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Harold

carb 7 - Copy.JPGcarb 11 - Copy.JPGcarb 8 - Copy.JPGcarb 15 - Copy.JPG