Originally Posted By dvw
How about needle bearing life? Is the hyd roller cam clearance ramps that much softer. Or is it the fact the lash is so tight?

Doug

I'd have to call my cam guy about the ramp deal. Been doing it so long I no longer remember the descussion we had when he convinced me to do it (I was bitching because we were RPM limited with HRT's). I do know that the tight lash helps. I'm old enough to remember when EVERYBODY who was ANYBODY used "rev kits" on their chevies. Back in the very early 80's (probably 1980) I saw my first roller on the street. Guy was slinging (I'll let you figure that out) so he had big cash (and he was alledgedly doing other stuff too). I had seen him break a couple of engines on the street and we ended up at the same shop. He was breaking roller lifters. The rev kit stopped it. I figured it was added spring pressure but it was the fact the roller never left contact with the cam. The roller didn't skid up to speed and all that.

So the tight lash helps.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston