Originally Posted By Streetwize
I run a T/A cheetah RVB with a forward pattern gate, I actually prefer it since the 1-2 detent can't accidently go into High which seems to be one of the general complaints of the RVB pattern. The 1-2 has a positive stop (shift it as hard as you like and you can't miss) and the spring loaded gate swings out for the 2-3. the 2-3 is usually a bit more leisurely than the 1-2 so I never felt any disadvantage.

What I dislike about a RVB is you wind up two gears from neutral once you're in high and coasting through the traps for the turn-off. But that may not be the case with the PPP

I do the same thing with my JVX (Winters) shifter. It's a front exit, rear trans entry, gated shifter that uses the tab on the trans and a bracket similar to the one J body uses. When I had a forward pattern VB in the trans sometimes on the 1-2 shift I'd go 1-3 with it being spring loaded. Now with the reverse pattern VB I've never missed the 1-2 shift, straight back for 1-2, then over and back for the 2-3, works for me.

There have been a couple times I almost bought used PPP shifters but just couldn't pull the trigger.