Might as well go back to the "scene of the crime" (joke) for this. You didn't agree with Paul's comment about the Farm Truck and Azn's vehicles being the only "street driven" cars on the show. Reality is - that is not because they are any more or less race oriented - the show PROMOTES THEM more that way, showing them actually driving the cars on the street and fishing for races that are with other STREET DRIVEN cars. I don't see every episode, but I have never seen the show PROMOTE any of the other regulars or list racers doing much street driving or racing. IMO unloading a car off the trailer for a couple test hits doesn't count as being street driven. The opinion of a "street driven" car varies widely. Nuff said there. (Hate - 0)

So then your answer was about Farm Trucks trick front and rear suspensions. I didn't offer my thoughts about what is trick about the front - not seeing the truck - but if it is a tube control arm/coil spring setup, I guess you could argue how trick it could be. If the truck has a tube front section, struts, torsion bars, etc - something that didn't come in most vehicles since the 60's - Yeah, probably trick. But if it is the same tube control arms/coil-over setup we ran since about 1980 - trick, nah - just lighter and more expensive. (hate - 0)

Brings us to truck arms. Our shop ran a 68 C10 to 9 teens at 140+ on 30x10" slicks back in 82-83 with truck arms - boxed stock arms, solid mounts, good shocks, and an air bag in the right coil. Again, not saying the Farm Trucks stuff isn't top shelf - just probably not new tech. Granted, what NASCAR and the Farm Truck is using certainly differ as far as materials, mounting/adjustment points, etc - truck arms have been a working suspension for a loooong time, and is only a variation of the stock suspension, not a totally different setup, such as a 4 link would be. And the NASCAR units have a lot of adjustability built in them that isn't necessary in a drag race setup, since they have do have to turn and all. (hate - 0)

The "Blue Turd" comment - meant simply as a joke based on nicknames sometimes follow results. Kye has had Chiefs number - pure and simple. Sometimes in my attempts at humor my dry sense of humor offends people - I rarely try to do so. When my intention is to actually offend someone, I can make that point crystal clear. If CHIEF was offended by the comment, I apologize to HIM. Anybody else offended can probably whizz off - I don't really care what THEIR feelings are. (hate - meh)

A new topic is the Drag Week posts. Haven't participated - would have liked to when my funds and health would have made it fun. IMO with the amount of changes that seem to be allowed from the "as driven" state - how realistic is it? Monty, you hit the nail on the head with the definition of a "street car" being simply with what a driver will put up with to drive the car on the street. And to an extent - same follows at Drag Week - how much of a thrash do you want to do to improve your times? You mentioned Lutz - not bashing him; totally admire what he does there (hate - 0 LOL) - look at what he changes from street to race trim. Different fuel, fuel system, ECM, cooling system removed. Also possibilities are gear ratio changes, rocker arm ratio changes, etc. Again, IMO to make it a true street/drag event, changes should be severely limited. Ideas are - rocker arm changes only due to breakage - weed out the guys that change the rockers to save the valve springs. That would make them run cams that are more realistic for "street driven" cars. Also, no gear changes, or an X% limit on change. Require cooling system to stay in place - doesn't have to cycle or contain coolant, but be intact, but let's get back to the cars actually resembling street cars and not Funny Cars or Pro Mods. While I love to see the Pro Mods make passes, do they really represent what Drag Week started out to represent? IMO - NO. (hate - 0)

Monty, you are obviously an intelligent person and while we often don't agree, I always respect what you do for racing. I respect differing opinions that are presented with facts and logic to back them - you will RARELY see me make a statement here that I am not prepared to defend on why I feel that way. Sometimes my posts lean towards sarcastic - guilty. Sometimes your posts appear to lean towards self promotion - the way people that install only moly cages won't accept that mild steel cages also have their merits. But bear in mind that I have nothing personal against you - sometimes IMO your posts just simply need another "view".

HATE TOTAL - 0

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........