Originally Posted By poorboy
Originally Posted By cudaman1969
Did you move the headlights off the fender or were the half tons that way? I looked at a 3/4-1 ton and the truck just looks bigger, fenders, hood and cab. Anyone know if they are different?

The 3/4 & 1 ton trucks had larger diameter tires & wheels, requiring larger fenders to clear the tires & wheels. The fenders themselves are larger, and the wheel openings are also larger. (1 1/2 ton or bigger used the same basic fender as the 3/4 & 1 ton, but had larger wheel openings, I believe). The bigger fenders bolt up to the 1/2 ton nose pieces, though the 3/4 & 1 tons may have had a higher grill to accommodate a taller radiator. I believe the hood tops are the same (if the grill was higher, the hood sides would have been as well). According to all the info I've seen, the cabs are all the same, but they are raised up on the 3/4 & 1 ton frames with taller filler plates between the cab & running boards.

Dodge also had thicker & sometimes higher frame rails to accommodate the extra load capacity on the 1 tons and bigger (maybe were used on the 3/4 as well). Gene

Thanks for info. Not seeing a lot of these trucks I wasn't sure but the fenders did look bigger like you said. Now I'm torn between this truck or looking for the half ton. Hate to pass up since it's basically rust free, just some surface rust. A little costly buying the whole truck just for body, hood and doors. I guess I'll make a parts type offer and see where that takes me.