I'm thinking the deck is stacked against you when you are dealing with sub-par assembly tolerances from the 60's&70's. It doesn't help on the friday or monday cars that were put together by someone who was having issues at work that day and not being able to check fitment before pulling the trigger on the welder. I know even on newer stuff like the 4x rams, the mounts for the upper and lower control arms can be off like 1/4"+ which contributes to the famous "death wobble". You have to resort to adjustable arms to alleviate it as the stock stuff only allows for minimal adjustments. The adjustable arms and strut rods are a big boost for our old cars, but what do you do if you can't get enough adjustment to get you where you need to be? I'm wondering if in those instances, you will have to move the pickup points for the suspension mountings. Also, if you are off only a small amount at the arm or part attachment, with the stack up of other issues and that the defect is magnified the farther out it gets from the pivot or attachment point, you are going to have a fun time fixing things.

Carl Kessel