Originally Posted By burdar
I wonder if it has something to do with the gas tank? This is a different problem but...My wife's Sebring with fill just fine in the summer. When it gets cold, gas spits back out the fill tube when full. We replaced a couple valves in the fuel system but it still does it. The only other pieces to replace aren't available separately. They come attached to a new gas tank. I know Chrysler has had problems with filling for a while. Maybe something in the tank...or a valve attached to the tank is causing the no start issue when cold?

This is possible, imo.

We did get a whole new gas tank in our 05 durango under a recall. Cost us nothing and we were second owners. It did just what you said no matter how slow you went at the end year round, every time split gas out. My wife will not put up with that.

(thinking after the fact, maybe that's why it was on the dealers lot as a trade in with 46K miles on it?) Otherwise the vehicles has been great.

Then I read on moparts about a recall on them. I called the dealer and they knew nothing about it.

I called back about a month later and they knew all about it then and scheduled it in. Took one day and we had a whole new gas tank. I was surprised it took a whole tank to fix it?

The wife fills the thing up and it fills great, no problem. She goes to work and the durango is leaking gas all over the parking lot at her work! She calls me and I swing by to look at it and it is leaking down from the top of the new tank. Call the dealer and they come pick it up with a roll back truck. The plastic fittings on top of the new tank got cracked when they installed the new tank, I was told. So we got a second new tank and alot less gas but they got it right the second time. Been fine for 5 years now.
What a stupid thing to have to deal with. down