I am getting ready to install the windshield and rear window in my '69 Super Bee. I have installed about 4 windshields/rear windows but I have had two of the windshields leak. I have searched online for some videos and tips but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information.

I am installing a new windshield with a new gasket. The rear window is a used piece which I will be installing with a roll of bead window sealant.

Here are some questions:

Are you using anything special to clean the glass/channel prior to installing the glass?

What type of butyl sealant are you using? I bought a tube of 3M Window Weld (expensive!) but is there something better that I should be using?

The channels are freshly painted. Is there a special type of etching primer that I am supposed to be applying to the channel or glass prior to installing the glass?

Does anyone have any pictures of where exactly they are placing the sealant on the bottom channel of the windshield opening?

When installing the windshield, are you installing the top first and then working your way to the bottom or are you installing the bottom first?

Thanks!

Stan

IMG_20151013_174018_986.jpg