Quote:
but still getting a miss fire or popping soon as I hit high gear. Never does it in 1st or 2nd. This is something new that just started happening. It'll sometimes backfire when I try starting the car, whether cold or hot. Very puzzling. All replies are appreciated.
typically starvation tends to show up in high gear as the demand outruns what the fuel system can deliver. Is the RPM and the in hg vac level the same in the different gears when its OK and when its not OK? the backfire sometimes when starting and that it just started makes me think that it ain't fuel unless a line got crimped or the pump is crapping out & I dont think there is a crimp and you did replace the pump. Is there a sock on the pickup & is it not plugged? To confirm delivery I would rig a gauge & see what you have at the carb INLET at the point (rpm/gear/in hg) that it misses at and is that a pop out the carb or a pop out the tailpipe(s)? I would sub in another coil & if that ain't it then put the orig coil in & sub in another ECU. that'd be my bet (coil or ECU). Holler how it turns out

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth