I'm with you as the circuit is designed for the LA, but if you are preventing oil going to the lifters (with the tube) the next path (albeit not a 'direct' path) for the oil becomes the Galley/web passage to the Mains....so with the mods we are now making....the mains become the 'Priority' (i.e., first in line) route by blocking (or at least obstructing) the path to the lifters. Also as important is that the rod bearings now become second (not third in line) through the crank to rod jounal passages. It's not a direct path, but it is as direct (priority as we can practically modify it to be...short of recasting the block. I just tried to put it in simpler terms so that some Moparts members (who may not otherwise understand) can get a hold of what we're speaking of. It's all good.

Also important to point out that since the engine designers never envisioned these 360 max cube motors to be turning 8000 rpm, there was nothing really wrong with the way they routed the oil. Tappet noise and (lash free) ease of maintenance were priorities as was near silent under hood noise...even at cold start-ups.

I go along with splash/drip oiling being sufficient for solids and most solid roller lifters....But I believe that latest design solid rollers (that do have internal oil passages) that direct oil feed the roller axles (such as the MRL's) DO benefit from lifter galley (direct pressure) oiling. My MRL's are providing pushrod oiling on my 414, I am not tubed/bushed but I have restricted the oil passages in the heads to the shafts with bushings that only allow (at best) .002 of clearance in the shaft for minimal oil to pass through. works great on my motor with the big Milodon pump and Dragster pan, I wouldn't run it with a conventional pump and pan though... and I'm only turning 7000-7200.

Last edited by Streetwize; 10/07/15 06:13 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0