I have no experience removing fire soot from chrome, but I have done lots of polishing for years now.

I have used never dull and many of the others over the years. When I did smaller stuff like my bikes I used never dull lot's, good stuff. I bet I still have some on the shelf right now along with 3-4 others too. Been siting there for years since I started using Autosol.

Soak your dried up never dull in my autosol and you'll think you died and went to heaven...lol

IMO its the best stuff going, I buy it in 6-1 quart cases from Eastwood. Believe it or not they were the best deal going that I could find on a larger quality like that. I use it at work to polish tanker trucks= no easy deal.

I know this stuff blows never dull away with or without the cotton gauss.
This is at home on my back porch. I paint it on the aluminum and buff it off, kicks azz.

This is what I polish, in minutes and none of it by hand, all buffers.

My 49' race trailer had lots of bright finishes on it.

If my buffer and autosol can't take it off, then it ain't coming off. MY twocents

I have polished my brains out over the years. I used to wash this truck and trailer from the roof down 2 twice per month all through the race season, it was usually spotless, dirty in this picture at the mopar nationals, rained on the way up.