Quote:

Weather should be great, in the 70s to low 80s.

I can feel for the guys that show up on Sat but this is a huge event that is focused on drag racing, unlike other big Mopar event. And most racers love the gamblers on Fri, Big money Sat and really big money Sunday. And to do that they don't have time for more than 1 time trial on Saturday. So you can't please everyone, but it's a great event, my favorite of the year, doesn't hurt that I've made some big money the last two years, but it's well work a day of vaction. I usually burn 3 days, Thursday for travel, Friday for racing, and Monday to travel (assuming I'll be racing late Sunday..wink wink) or just recovering from a great weekend of racing.

Just my .02 cents.

I will be there with my new motor so I will have to be there early this time to try her out, that is, if I haven't been able to show some bowties and ovals my pretty rearend on some midnight madness or t&t nights

On a more serious note, I also love the whole program with the show and swapmeet and vendors. I bought my tialpanel at MMW last year (it was a thing of beauty) and I just love the whole atmosphere, with mopars everywhere you look (and the ambient screaming draggers) love it love it love it! It is my most looked-foreward-to weekend of the year for me!!

knyech1- '71 Sassy Grass Demon 340/904. Pump gas, 1.61 60ft, 7.439 1/8 @ 95mph, 11.824 1/4 @ 111mph "Not too bad for a pump gas 340, full of used parts and hillbilly ported stock heads." - V.B. '03 2500 5.9L HO 6-spd on 35's. 395hp/755ft-lb at tires.