Originally Posted By DeMopuar
Originally Posted By mccannix
Have to be careful in this day of the $$ is everything.
Several years back some "NOS" Cuda trunk pans seemed plentiful at a major show.
After one sold, out would come another one.
Red oxide Primer and silkscreened number looked a little too fresh.

I've even found the odd vendor to have repro parts in NOS part numbered Mopar boxes.

I agree Terry, you've got to be VERY careful when you're parting with your cash. I saw at the Nats this last year that there seemed to be three different big time vendors that were working it together. I think there is more than a little collusion going on with these three guys. I think that one guy will have NOS this or that (that really isn't NOS, it's just made to look that way), and the other two clowns will sell his NOS crap that really isn't.

If you guys that are doing this are reading this, well, the jig is up. I at least know who you three clowns are, and the thing is, you have NO idea who I am.

I look for the die stamp numbers on NOS sheet metal pieces from the early 70's. I believe there should always be these stamps on sheet metal pieces, even if it's lightly stamped? Has anyone else seen this on the true NOS pieces?

I know of a fellow in NY that has (had?) a pair in his basement and another set mounted on a V-code ragtop.