My house was hit by lightning. At that moment, I had two cars hooked up to a Deltran dual battery tender. The circuit that the battery tender was on flipped the breaker, but not before melting the back on the GFI plug that was in that circuit and tripping the inline fuse on the battery tender that was hooked up to one of the cars. The line to my 69 Charger did not blow its inline fuse.

After the hit, the resto appearing turbostart AGM battery in the Charger wouldn't take a charge. Figuring it was damaged, I swapped it out for a new one. I also have a new battery tender (and three new TV's, new Time Warner equipment, and a new mother board on the furnace after all of this). The car runs fine, starts fine, charges fine.

BUT...and here is the question...the new battery on the Charger never seems to get to full charge. Measured at the battery terminals, volts from the battery tender are at about 13.5, from the car running on it's own at about 13.9, right around 12 at the battery when unhooked to the car or anything. Is it possible that I have a short somewhere in the Charger that is keeping a low, steady, drain on the battery? Where would I even look? Visually, all seems OK.

'69 Hemi Charger 500, ‘70 U code Challenger R/T
(These and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

P.J. O'Rouke: "The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."