Originally Posted By 340duster340
If anything the sub frame connectors are on tension/compression

You would need a hoop in the passenger compartment to be effective at truly minimizing torsion.

I.e. I don't think there is much twist acting on that part.

Ps all the frame rails have drain holes in them! Hurry break out the welder or she's going to blow smile

It has never been substantiated here on Moparts exactly what forces the SFC actually resist. With handing my priority, I believe "twist" is my primary concern, and my last set I installed were 2.5" square, with twist resistance my first concern. Drag use would I suspect be more compression/bending forces. The hole for e brake cable is doing the least harm by being located in the vertical center, but being close to mid span is a down side for bending loads, it is larger? then absolutely necessary If I can make out the pic correctly, the oval holes are across from ea other, offset would I think be better, and any compression/tension loads are concentrated at around this hole, not ideal. Good way to make a 2x2 member act like a 1x1 member IMO.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.