Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Start with a RB crankshaft offset ground to have BB Chevy rod journal sizes and a 3.91 stroke, bore the block enough to straighten the bores up real well and have the mains and counterweights turn down on that crank to clear the 383 block scope That should push your passengers WAY Back in thier seats boogie You will probally have to have a custom piston made for this deal, make sure and figure out exactly what compression ratio with which set of heads you want before ordering the pistons up Using a BB Chevy type H beam steel rod work very well in these appications also up

Exactly as he said. The first engine in my Lebaron was almost exactly as Cab described. .030 over 383 block, 3.900 stroke 440 steel crank, .560 flat tappet cam, ported 915 heads, zero deck flat top pistons, 6.385 eagle rods--+.250 long chevy rod, but Chrysler width,[eagle makes them that way]. Went 9.02 at 149 mph at 2450 lbs. Close to 700hp. Engine was built for a Super Bee that I sold, so since I already owned it, I put it in a race car. Camshaft broke and bent most of the valves after 3 full seasons of racing, 1300+ passes. It has been fixed and will be going in a 72 Rallye Charger street car.