Originally Posted By slantzilla
I have seen quite a few 9" launch the pinion right out the front when guys tried to get away with just a stock non-nodular case. Even with a 9" you can't cut corners and expect long life.
It's NOT because of the case though.....it's the pinion support. The stock pinion supports are very weak, unless it is the Daytona support like came under some Mustangs, Torinos, etc. A factory Ford case, nodular or not, is still better than a factory 8.75 case. Just needs a decent support.

Everyone wants to generalize.........that being stock Fords are junk. No, they are NOT. A center that came under a Cobra-Jet Mustang was VERY good. One from a 6 cylinder Torino was not. Same with an 8.75. One under an early 6 cylinder A-body was weak as water. The hi-po units were much better. Danas are good because they are massive, not because of some superior engineering design.

Also talking about 8.75s in flyweight tube frame cars, roadsters and front engine dragsters has no bearing on 3000+lb door cars.

I lost count of the number of 8.75s my dad or me broke over the years and have tried every band aid there is. You will NEVER "fix" it...........that simple

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 08/15/15 01:27 AM.