A friend of mine emailed me asking me about an issue he's having with his motor. I don't have any experience with Indy Aluminum blocks I was wondering if anyone on here can give us some ideas what to look for.

Thanks

Indy aluminum RB block with 572-13 indy heads with Comp elite roller lifters, non bushed lifter bores pushrod oiling, titan oil pump, new build 1st starup 85 lbs. psi cold and as the engine warms up, the oil pressure gets lower and lower. The oil temperature at the start of the burnout box is 140 and water temperature is 115-120 degrees.
At the starting line oil psi is dropped to 45 psi and as it accelerates goes to 60-63 psi at 6500 rpm's and then steadily starts going lower and lower.

Right at the stripe oil pressure is 33-35 psi and going down the return road is 18-20 psi at 1500-1700 rpms.

I have never seen this issue before with the Mopar Performance iron block. Nothing has changed except MP Megablock had lifter bores bushed, all internals the same except the Indy block lifter bores are not bushed this go around.

Any ideas on what the problem is and what it's going to take to fix it.