Originally Posted By cudaman1969
Originally Posted By kryogenic
Originally Posted By cudaman1969
I would make sure those push rods are open, could have been damaged or got something plugged in them. A 360 magnum has roller lifters, with a retaining plate, how did the lifters "pop out"? Are you using a non roller cam, with AMC lifters, in a magnum block? What year engine do you have?

Just a little more information:

The class I run this engine in does not allow for roller cams. I have been running magnum blocks with solid cam / lifter combos for years. I am using the AMC lifters in the magnum block with a solid cam.

When I changed the lifters, I changed three of the pushrods that are new. I can check the pushrods, but I don't think anything is blocking them.

I called the lifter company and didn't get any useful information. I asked them if I was priming the engine and took a pushrod off if it would oil shoot up from the top of the lifter and they said yes. Meaning - It doesn't require a pushrod pressuring it. No oil comes out of lifter while priming even if I move the lifter up and down in the lifter hole.

Does anyone have a good oiling diagram for a magnum block? I need to see the exact pathway the oil takes from the pickup and the diagrams I have seen are pretty horrible.

Solid lifters? Pull one out, used compressed air on the side hole to see if it's coming out the top. Check position of hole in side by using a tape measure, slide down lifter bore to top of cam lobe and measure oil passage in block, rotate cam to full lift measure again. Check measurements to hole on side of lifter. Cam might have to be up a little to expose this hole on lifter. The reason is I'm not sure the passage is still in the same place as a early 360 block, never checked for myself. I'll do this when I get home since I have both blocks. Lifter also rotates so the hole could be on opposite side from passage, is there a groove around lifter body like a hydraulic lifter?

Hyd. or sould lifter cam?