Quote:

Thanks again Allen.

What do you know about the AO4 "basic group" My RED BOOK lists it as a $297.85 option but doesn't go into detail about what that gets you. My guess is that Dad's car doesn't have it because it has the R11 AM radio and the RED BOOK says that that option is WITHOUT AO4.

Also I have a discrepincy on one code. The RED BOOK says that J54 is the sport hood that is standard with A57 and the 340. The breakdown I got through "StockDodge.com" says that J54 is a hood insulating pad. Which is correct?

Are you getting your information from a website or do you have literature that has the codes broken out?

The coding guide that I use is a photo-copy of the actual literature that the dealer had to use when he filled out the individual order form for each car. Mine are undated, so I don't know if they are from early or late in the model year.
Running revisions were made as the model year progressed. I also use the VIN decoder on stockmopar.com. It's fairly accurate, but all literature and websites do contain conflicting info. Even various pieces of factory lit don't always jive...

My coding guide shows A04-Basic Group as:

power steering
AM radio
std size WW tires (must code)
deluxe wheel covers
light pkg
left remote mirror
3-speed wipers
undercoating w/ hood pad

(NOTE: Any released mirrors, radios, road wheels, or W.S.W. or R.W.L. tires may be ordered at differential price.)

What the RED BOOK means is if you have A04, the radio is standard, so it's no longer available as an option.

I'm a little confused myself on J54. There is a J5- box on the BS, w/ no 3rd digit added. The box heading is "Sport hood". Mine has no 3rd digit code. I'm thinking J54 must be the hood. There is no box heading for the hood pad by itself. The next box to the right of sport hood is "Undercoating" and mine is coded J55., with the 3rd digit added. Makes sense, as mine has the undercoating and hood pad. Remember now that the coding guide makes no provision for the pad to be ordered separately. However, stockmopar.com also shows J54 as the hood pad... Who knows??...