Originally Posted By R5P7Duster

If your piston is almost 1/2" in the hole, I fail to see why you're doing any machining. And should that measurement be right I'd like to see a picture of the dome on your piston..

You shouldn't have to calculate the dome, it should be on the build sheet, if you don't have it just call the manufacturer and give them the order number.

Your numbers don't jive, can you take pics?

I had to calculate the dome volume because the deck is PLUS .035 out of the hole. Had I measured the head gaskets I would have set it out at .050 and I had the piston maker leave the dome big so I could set the compression ratio where I wanted it. It's a battle trying to convince someone that you want a POSITIVE deck height.

I'm going to go out and re-do my measurements and calculate the C.R. one more time before any more milling.

Trying to sneak up on it because I'm not dure how many thousandants off of a radius equates to what CC I am removeing. Guess I should have paid more attention in school.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston