I am pretty sure I will be there.

The Valiant actually had 2 different problems. I thrashed and blew the car apart, took the motor apart and fixed it and put it all back together and was driving it 6 days later.

It was losing oil pressure because the oil pump pick up was not tight enough and it tightened "into" the oil pump raising the basket 2" off the bottom of the pan. Don't ask me how it did that. Possibly on a hard launch the oil sloshing did that???

The second problem was found investigatin the first. It had a bad THRUST bearing. When I drained the oil filter, it looked like COPPER PAINT! But there was no big chunks or pieces of any size in the filter when I cut it apart. Then I checked the thrust before I even took anything apart. It was .013 , Oops, factory specs are .002-.007 with max allowable of .010
So, the thrust on the crank was not hurt or burnt or anything, but just a worn out bearing. I am 90% sure it was because my converter was tight on the transmission splines as I had to help it mate to the transmission with a rubber mallet. Me and the converter and trans Guys all believed this would be OK. I was told and believed that the converter would work back and forth and release its self or loosten and act normal and upon dissasymbly, it would just come apart like normal. But after about 300 street miles and going to Irwindale twice and racing and breaking the trans at Fontana, when I took it out, the converter would not come off the trans. I had to use two BIG screwdrivers to pry it off. So, I think after putting in the flexplate bolts and tightening them it was pulling backwards on the crank 100% of the time and that is not supposed to happen. The bearing was worn out on the FRONT side only. The thrust sould probably be nuetral 99% of the time.

Anyhow, the engine now has better oil pressure than before. Go figure........

4960976-MVC-007S.JPG (91 downloads)

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT