I have a '15 GM as a company truck. The engine sounds funny, it has way more road noise than my '06 3500 dually, but it rides good, drives nice and at 30000 km it is averaging by the dash monitor very close to 12L/100K. A solid 2L/100K better than the Ecoboosts ('13, '14, '15 aluminum-body) in the fleet making the same basic trips. Our fleet manager hates Dodges so I can't get a direct comparison-I am getting about the same 2L/100K better than my brother's '14 Hemi 1500 but I'm not sure that we drive the same. The Ecoboosts feel quicker off the bottom but I'm not sure how they would compare side by side. It's on the agenda to find out someday. I do know that the GMs top speed governor is set a lot lower than I would have expected it to be-I think my dually will go faster although I haven't checked for a fact :-) If I would have been able to choose whatever I wanted it would have been a Dodge-with that option off the table and the new '15 F150s not available I chose a GM mainly because I would never spend my own money on one-might as well live vicariously through someone else.

Jason

An '06 3500 QC 4x4 Laramie CTD with a 6.7 named "Frankentruck", an '80 W200 CC 440/435 yard truck, a Dakota, a Hemi Ram, and a bunch of projects....still working on resurrecting my '74 Charger after a 25 year hiatus for a "quick paint job"! Now a '78 D150 shortbox factory 440 to keep me occupied.