The closer to stock the better when it comes to old moper cooling systems. 7 bladed clutch fans keeps both my cars cool with no problem no matter what the temps or the surface. lol

I have a triple black 74 challenger with edlebrock headed 340 with a victor 340 single plane manifold and 600 eddie carb and AC.

I built it myself in 2007 with a stock bore 340 block and KB 243 10.4-1 pistons in it. That is the actual compression.
I have driven it 25K miles so far in some of the highest altitudes and the highest desert temperatures.

Twice we went to the top of pikes pike on the last day of July separate years. One time it was 32° at the top and cloudy. The second time it was 95° at the bottom and the park ranger came around to every car and told us to turn off our AC on the way up the mountain so we didn't over heat. eek I was nervous and turned ours off on our 74 challenger 340 equipped.

We were about halfway up and hit the gravel section, F it and we put the windows up and cranked on the AC. Made it to the top of that mountain with no over heating, not even close. The temp gauge went to 3/4 and stayed there. No air and 95° and it stayed cool.

I leaned the carb like 3 steps before I left Cincy because I knew I was going up pikes peak and cranked up the timing. No way it would make it with a Cincy tune I don't think because there was nothing left when I got to the top.

Then I have driven it with the AC on high for over an hour in Vegas stop and go traffic and Reno during Hot Aug nights and it's hot in stop and go traffic, twice in 115° temps. Cruised at night too, it was only 100°.

Lot's of black top everywhere, some of it fresh!! nervous

Get rid of the flex fan first no matter what anyone says, that's my advise. To tired to search for pictures to prove I'm not lying