Yep, the voltage limiter has to do with the function of the gauges not the lighting of the gauges.

In my 70RR I changed all my dash lights to the SuperbrightLEDs brand bulbs. There are a few different ones to choose from. Study their different brightness & light out put angles well before you buy.

Off hand I don't remember which ones I used. Do think I used different ones for the blinker indicators & bright lights indicator than for the gauges.

I've bought some blinker indicators before for my "true" pro street Cuda (not sure what brand)that where a bit too bright & had to replace & tone then down, that was more than 10 yrs ago.

I'm a bit picky on dash lighting. I put a lot of time in on superbright's site (a good while back though)studying & comparing to only order 1-2 bulbs. Put it in & see if it's what I'm looking for then order the others of the same if needed. Yes I have a few rejects from doing so. I'm on my 3rd Gen back-up lights on the 70, lol! When I see a better focus or brighter I update till I get to the level of what I want.

In my 70 B-body rallye dash I have a blue tent lighting that I'm fairly happy with. Though it's not perfect, there seems to be a very slight tent difference on 1 bulb, or it's the distance that bulb is from the gauge.

I think there is only 1 bulb in my whole interior that's not LED, & that's the back-up indicator, & that's because it was a sealed unit & that's only on for short spurts. All my exterior lights are LED except the head lights.

Something I've just noticed though about the tail lights. They have a small twitching at low idle (small roller cam, but big alternator) last Saturday of the 4th. But it's the 1st time the cars been out in 32 yrs,...so, I'll worry about that a little later, lol.