The day in one quick note: Up at 6am, work till 3:30, haul to Vegas, time hit a bit after 8pm, race 1st round at around 11pm, 2nd round after midnight, haul home and back the trailer in the sideyard by 3:30 am. Don't get me wrong.... it was fun and I love being at the track. Always a great bunch of people, but.... it was 116 on my overhead when I left town and 113 when I hit Vegas. Now the ole 01 diesel is a great truck, but to be honest the 28ft trailer and addition of the golf cart has brought it to my attention on a couple occasions that we are at the threshold of the power/weight ratio of this combo, or at least in the hell like conditions in which I chose it as my weapon of choice. The truck was born with 4.10 gears which I hated and fell into a axle swap with a used truck to the other option of 3.55 which when you're NOT pulling a 14 mile 7% grade works great! Until this year I was very pleased, but now that we use the truck as "tow only", I wish I had my 4.10's back!

First time hit was around 8:30 so the sun had dropped over the mountains. Little wind so it felt like you were hanging out in a giant blowdrier. Pulled up, did my burnout...... and could not see a groove. Nothing but a shiny black wide spot in front of me. Pulled straight ahead, let go of the button and basically nothing happened. 1.47 60, front didn't even think of coming up.... at least the car always goes straight. Guy in Super Pro 1st time hit wasn't so lucky... found the wall. Second hit you could see a groove and we were at a more respectable 1.35 60 and then a 1.349 1st round. Ran an 11sec car first round and he redlit.... I did the same at a -.025. Second round I ran a 9.7 car... he left clean, I once again redlit -.028. At least I'm consistent.... Best pass of the night was a 9.60 at 139.9. The DA was 5800+ when we started and never dropped below 5200 all night with a steady baro of 27.69 from 10pm until 1am and the temp was still 94. I'm DONE until cooler weather!! laugh2

this was the temp of the road as I climbed out of the hole in which I live. Had the windows down and the heat on to keep the engine temp in a more "happy" range....

just leaving Laughlin NV..... 14 miles 6-7% grade

Loading up at 12:30am..... what a day!!

thinking late September we'll be back out there!!