So the story begins........

I've had this old style 8896 3 circuit Dominator for some time. It had been converted to a 2 circuit back in the late 80's by a pro carb shop before I bought it. They had modified the stock metering blocks to achieve the 2 circuit set up.

Tuning this carb has always been an an issue for anything but WOT. At idle this thing would kill plugs in no time, cruising they would soot up pretty good on an evening jaunt around town.

So I sent my carb to Thumperdart to get this thing right. He installed a pair of Quick Fuel billet metering blocks and 12 hole boosters with his modifications to them along with his tune up and other magic touches.

All I can say is THANK YOU THUMPERDART!

I now have a carb that I took "out of the box" with only a slight idle screw adjustment (probably ended up back where he had it in the first place laugh2 ) that is leaner, cleaner and meaner than what I had before by a loooong shot. Now with some "slight" tuning touches here and there I can "tune" this carb to perfection with a wide band if so desired.

Only had the opportunity to take the car for a short cruise because it seems to rain every day around here this summer rolleyes Driving characteristics are MUCH improved and when I stand on it the Phoenix 29.5 x 11.5's are really grappling for grip now drive

Thumper Carb 1.JPG