I did another track day at Blackhawk... I was planning a July event but Mitch called and said this was a good one. We met at the track. We had the best of the weekend with clear skies and moderate temps

Three 20 minute lap sessions in the AM and 7 timed HSAX runs in the PM. About 45 participants in various classes. This was the first time running on my new rear discs after burning up the drums last time. What an improvement! Balanced, no noticeable fade and no warped rotors. As I got more confident in the brakes, I could push harder into the turns. The rest of the car did great also save a small VC gasket leak which did not interfere with the fun.

I made some progress driving also... pretty much better with each timed lap. The class I entered had 2 cars so I even got a ribbon... just means on that day I needed to be 7 seconds faster for 1'st. I think I can make most of it up with driving... before making more changes to the car.

Mostly it was a fun day, good time with Mitch and everybody likes to see the "classics" run.

A few pics are attached. (I hope)

Last edited by ahy; 06/12/15 07:54 PM.