EQ heads won't necessarily give you more bottom end torque but yes you can feel the difference if you already had a good intake on there. The stock beer barrel flows about 180cfm and the stock heads flow around 190cfm. If you take the supporting mods of an M1 2bbl and bolt on the EQ heads there is a TON of difference across the band especially over 2500rpms. Now if you are trying to make a stump puller then don't bother switching the beer barrel intake and Keep the stock heads. The headers and TB upgrade will NET you seat of the pants difference all day everyday.

The reason why I am debating even the small cam swap is that the computer will not learn it fully, will it improve? Yes it will some but you may lose a little low end grunt, may not be much but you probably will. I do agree that higher lift with a shorter duration and a tighter LSA will help a lot and will help down low.

EDIT* I misread the specs on the smaller cam, you will actually like the cam that will actually help across the whole rpm band. Sorry about the confusion.

Here is my suggestion is you want decent power gains and keep your low end up to par.

Replace the intake belly pan with the one from Hughes.
Get a 52mm TB
Get some longtubes or mid length headers. Pacesetter or Spintech
Get some nice Harland Sharp 1.7 RRs
Get a small Mopar stall converter 2200-2400.
If you are feeling lucky go ahead and do a band adjustment on the trans, get the Borg Warner GPS and get a trans go shift kit.

Just that alone will wake up the truck a ton.

Last edited by Kotta390; 06/10/15 03:52 AM.