My 03 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 has developed an intermittent front end shimmy that I haven't been able to find. It is getting worse to the point that it is dangerous.

Truck has 115,000 highway miles. It shouldn't be worn out by now. I thought that it might be the stabilizer shock...replaced it...still the same.

Rotated front tires to rear....still does it.

All tie rod ends and tracking bar seem to be tight. Truck does not wear tires. Steers straight down the road....you can let go of the wheel and it takes a long time to veer to the side of the road.

It usually happens when you hit a rough part of the road, and it once shook so bad that I lost both front hubcaps...You have to almost stop to get it to quit.

Has anyone else experienced this? My 97 CTD Ram drives perfect and it has 300,000 miles. Are the newer ones that much worse of a truck?

Also, while I am ranting, the 5.7 Hemi in a work truck is almost worthless. No wonder they are such a gas hog when maximum torque is in the 4,000 rpm range and the horsepower that they brag about is at 5,200rpm. This thing also uses a quart of oil every 1,000 miles when you pull it hard. Is that normal, too?
thanks