Hi Folks,

I'm getting started on another Mopar project after leaving the LS world where I was for awhile. I am going to do a 68-69 Dart build to break into the 8s.
The car will have a tubular front end, CalTrac rear, and a Powerglide in between.
I'm hung up on which way to go with the engine. I have a "230" block and have considered either doing a 500" kit with it plus a 250 shot, or keeping it at a .030 overbore 400 and getting a nice rod length/piston weight combo for a turbo combination. 400 cubes is plenty for a turbo combo and the thicker cylinder walls wont hurt.
Either combo will be running on E85. Both combos would have quality shortblocks with a partial block fill. I realize what the car will need for strength, my last Mopar was a B body that broke into the 9s with a 446" and NA. That combo was way too owly to do any limited cruising and I'm not doing the race fuel thing again.
I'm just seeking out some opinions from guys who have been there and done that. The turbo setup will be pricey, but they don't give away nitrous kits and bottle refills either.
I read an old post about preferred heads for turbo apps. I think with a 406-ish" build I would run a B1/BS, but if someone has a better idea please chime in.

Any weigh-ins on this would be appreciated