Truck worked fine going in to work this morning. I came out this afternoon, started it up (fired up easily as always), but was idling at 2000 rpms. It wouldn't "kick down". I had to get going to take my wife to the doctors, threw it into drive and it drove fine, though straining against the brakes a bit at stop signs and lights.

I did notice the trans not shifting like it should, but it did go through all the gears and lock-up, just far touchier.

I made it home, did the doctor thing, and just started it back up. Now it's idling at between 1200 and 1500 rpms, not steady.

The engine sounds fine, there are no dash lights on (and yes, they all work), the tune up is about 6 months old, and the only thing odd about the truck is the defective air control motor (or whatever it's called, on the TB) which makes the truck a hard start if it sits for days. If I run it daily (and in any temp) it shows no symptoms at all. It has 165000 miles on it, no work has been done beyond maintenance, bone stock, complete new exhaust with new cat.

Any idea what to look for?

Last edited by 79powerwagon; 05/26/15 10:14 PM.