Maybe I typed that wrong or azz backwards, but it was from a builders point of view as well, I do 4-5 a winter for various applications and I know if I wipe a cam or they do I need to make sure I did everything I could to prevent it because if it happens, at the end of the day it sucks for everyone.

But for some reason it seemed that maybe around the 60k mark a lot of the mopars I had bought used were ready for a new cam. That's when we all thought if a car had turned over the 100k mark it was junk and really for the most part the front ends/motors,trans were all needing attention by then.

Very true Mr P but ive seen some crazy stuff from dealerships. Back when the semi fast grand national buicks were in a friend from the detail shop used to swing by my work and take me for a test thrash and when I had my 86 gn I was looking for a 5.0 lx and told the salesman if it could hang with the Buick id buy it and we spent an hour on the interstate while he tried to sell the car but it fell short, only to find out a fella in our street race group bought the same car a week later. But I never could tell him his lx was pre thrashed.

Sorry to go off topic.

Originally Posted By RemCharger
Originally Posted By Porter67

A wiped cam means a full teardown on the builders dime which many try to avoid.
eek A customers point of view!