I suggest a call to Hughes engines.

I went with a whiplash roller cam in my 91-#302 headed LA318 with a set of the comp 901-16 springs. (whiplash roller is for the 92-up magnum engines)

great daily drive in my 85 stepside with a NV4500 5 speed = 17 mpg and sounds awesome.

just put a whiplash flat tappet cam in my 78 440 engine with Hughes springs and did the brake in run last night. drove to work today.

sounds awesome and a great cruzer cam in the 88-440 truck

I am working on a 90-LA318 with 360 heads/comp springs for the 5.9 whiplash roller cam to go in my 82 W350 flatbed.

the whiplash cam is for a low comp stock engine and works well with all other stock componits like TC/gears/manifolds/headers ect.

the lift is in the 4.85/4.87 valve lift on the cams and no coil bind or PTVC problems on mine.

the Hughes springs and comp-901 spring is a large single with damper and drop on with no machine work/stock seals/retainers.

I ran 4-5 of the lunati SB cams which all spec for the same lunati duel spring that needs machine work/seals/retainers.

I used the comp 901-16 on all of them with drop on/seals/retainers. 10# less on seat but higher spring rate over all.

wish they would have had the whiplash out when I was running all the lunati voodoo cams..but I got them all swaped over now.

twocents

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 04/20/15 03:49 PM.