Originally Posted By 71redcuda
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine having some electrical problem with the lamps.. Parking lamps and dash light does not work properly..
When the headlight switch is in 0 position (off) All lights is off.
When headlight switch is in 1/2 position ( in the middle ) All lights is still off. (Parking lamps should work when switch is in this position).
When headlight switch is turned 3/4 up (almost all the way up) The headlight, parking lamp and instrument panel light works.
When headlight switch is in position 1 (all the way up) The headlight works but parking lamps and instrument panel light stop working...
Any ideas what the problem can be?
Thanks
Nicklas-Sweden.

I had something like this happen before too.
You may want to check all of the grounds. With my car, the side lights ( inside the fenders ) were loose from the under coating. I made a clean grind to metal, then re- tightened those. It did make the blinkers work with the running lights. Also I removed the front headlight wires of the grounds - to grind clean to metal - re tighten the screws helped in my case. Also I found a couple of the bulbs were burned out in the lower valance. sometimes the connector ends get loose of corroded - pull them to see. If key on, you should be able to pull them apart, then back again to see how good the connection is.

hope this helps...

-

-

They only see Stars...
when hit by a Mopar!