I am looking to replace the tires on my car. I have the car set up for better cornering, so I'm interested in soft compound tires for better braking, handling and traction while acclerating. While I still have about 50% tread on the back and 70% up front, my tires are 12 years old. Nitto 555 275/40/18 in front and 295/45/18 out back. I plan to run some autocross and road race events with the car. I often drive the car 2000-2500 miles a year on the street. Drag racing is not my thing, so I'd think that drag radials are the wrong choice.
I hate to leave meat on the bone, so I intend to have my next set of tires actually wear out before they get old. With this in mind, I'm thinking that a 200 treadwear might be the highest I would need. I'm currently making a few changes to the car to reduce the oversteer condition including bigger torsion bars and better shocks. I feel the tires should help. So far I have looked at the following tires:
Nitto NT 05
Nitto INVO
Michelin pilot Super Sport
Falken RT 615K

I'm interested in opinions on these or other tires other members have used. ALL opinions are appreciated on any tire, good or bad.
Thanks, Greg