If you plan on beating on it, the NV2500 is a bit weaker then the old 833, but then so is the aluminum case 833 OD. If you intend on driving it somewhat normal, the NV2500 should work out OK if its in decent shape when you put it in. If big power with high rpm clutch dumps and super power shifts are in the plans, you might want to skip even the 833 OD and get the straight 833, or spring the big bucks and but a new 833 OD from one of the 4 speed dealers.

I have the light duty 5 speed (ax15?) in my 48 coupe with a 3.9 and I do a lot of "spirited" starts and shifting (the 5 speed shifter sucks for power shifting). This unit has been together for 4 summers, and the trans is still in about the same condition it was in before I installed it in my car (which was less the perfect).

I'm using the Dakota hydraulic pedal set up in mine. The hydraulic set up basically replaces the mechanical linkage. The travel of the clutch fork is nearly the same with the hydraulic as it was with the mechanical set ups, and is a lot easier to deal with. I'm not using a heavy duty pressure plate, but the pedal effort with the hydraulic clutch sure seems to be a lot easier then the old mechanical setups used to be. My old knee likes that.

I do wonder if the release of the hydraulic setup is ever so slightly slower then the mechanical setup was, but I don't seem to have any problems doing burnouts and getting rubber between gears, so I guess it isn't too bad. gene