Ok, my grille arrived and I looks very nice, just don't expect it to be the 100% cure for the highest restorations due to several detail items. It will work just fine for 90% of the guys out there looking for a nice Shark Tooth Grille.

Here's a list of what I noticed so far as compared to my NOS example:

*The molded part has several areas that look to have been modified intentionally to eliminate cast in part#s. These areas, rather than being smooth and even are rippled looking, it's pretty obvious but it's on the back side so not really visible once installed.

*There is a molded area in the lower face that has a couple bumps in it, almost like a repair was made to the sample grille used as a pattern and it was duplicated in the tool, small, but visible in the front when installed (this is the flaw I'm least happy with because it's right in your face when installed).

*The mold machining in the marker lamp areas is very roughly done and the transition rings from the cutting tool are quite visible in the molded piece. Again, on the back side and not highly visible when installed.

*There are two small areas of the molded grill vents that did not fill entirely when molded (this is called a "short shot" in the injection molding industry). These are small and not easy to see when installed.

*The two small oval tabs which hold the head lamp bucket bezels on the lower ends are badly warped/curved, likely from deforming while the parts cooled. These need to be flat/straight when the screws are tightened or they can potentially stress from bending and snap off, we'll see how that plays out once installation commences.

*The paint, close in shade but noticeably shinier than original which has a flat/dull sheen compared to the glossier sheen of the reproduction. Also, may prove difficult to match the head lamp bucket bezel paint to. The overall masking and resulting paint job isn't O.E. correct but similar and looks pretty nice.

I have not tried to fit the original trim moldings, marker lamp assemblies, or head lamp bezels to the new grille yet, or any of the other small parts, that comes next.