Quote:

Okay. Checked all those. No luck. Started to unplug the bulkhead connectors to at least narrow the search. Main engine harness unplugged, and the light goes out. Plugged it back in and decided to pull the (big nut off the starter relay) . Pull those 2 heavy leads and draw is gone. Looks like it is the heavier lead from the relay to the starter. Dead short in the starter?

The way I read this is you said you pulled the big nut off the starter relay ?? Right as thats what I read ?? The big nut on the starter relay is fed 12 volts at all time and it should have a few wires under the nut that have fuseable links in them as thats where the car picks up it main hot feed to everything. Thats what it sound slike to me the way you wrote it. The only nut on the starter relay is the nut for the stud with the main hot feed coming to it which is what sounds like the nut you took off to me ? The other wires on the starter relay are the brown wire to the starter solenoid which is a small bolt that holds it under the connector it goes to and the other 2 wires are push on connectors for the ign switch (yellow) and the ground on a stick car or to the NSS on an auto car which is also a push on connector. Ron

Anyway you can post a pic of the wire you are talking about so we know just what circuit it is for sure ??

Last edited by 383man; 04/04/15 11:33 PM.