A while back I asked the standard length of a drift shaft for a 1970 Plymouth Satellite with a 318 and a 904 torqueflight tranny. I was given 55.47" The weather has been rotten (till now) and a lot has happened this past fall (Mom passed away) so I'm just getting back to trying to replace my drive shaft. Since the weather has improved, I rolled my car out of the garage last evening to measure the shaft. It always looked about an inch and a half too short. It drives fine like this, but I know it isn't right and I don't get on it because of this. I'd like it to be right. I measured the length and it was 55.5, which surprised me. See the attachment. You can see that about 2.5 inches of the slip yoke is showing and that's too much. I'm assuming it should only be about an inch. Given that the shaft measures 55.5 inches from the centerline of the front u joint cup to the centerline of the rear U joint cup...and given that the called for length is 55.47", I was thinking, "Well, maybe I have the correct drive shaft..but that can't be given that too much of the slip yoke is showing and not enough is in the tranny. So, my uneducated question is, "Can I assume, based on my measurements and the picture, that I can tell Cincinnati Drive Line (I'm close to them) to make a drive shaft that is 57" (an inch and a half longer than current)?" Or, am I missing something? I probably am. I'm not good at this part of the repair...still learning. Thoughts? Thanks.