Quote:

BBoogie there are (were, anyways) many options for the eight lugs, at least in steel, all the way from 15" up in the aftermarket. Wheel choice would be sort of regulated by your intended use of the truck, to a degree.

As far as larger 16.5 wheels, there are 16.5x 9.75 factory style floating around, often found on the rear of camper specials. On a '74 W200 I had in a previous life I ran these all the way around, with a 12.00 tire. 16.5 are getting harder to find I hear, and would probably go to a 17.

I think this may be a byproduct of the diesel truck trend ... and then of course there are the later model factory wheels, which will need a spacer/adapter, because of the back spacing changes on newer stuff.

I recommend hub centric, it has worked flawlessly on mine. No wobbles, shakes, loose lugs, etc.

Thanks much.
I'm wanting to stay with steel wheels and my center caps if I can.
No need for chrome on this one. Gonna have to start checking the bone yards this summer. Definitely gonna stay with a hub centric wheel. I occasionally haul some heavy loads. The list keeps getting longer.
Lets see... Hmmm, I've got most of the sheet metal, a 360 and 4 bbl, fresh exhaust pipes to put on. Now for an NV-4500, or an A833-od, or a 518 od, maybe even that bow tie conversion, Some trick treads, tunes yeah tunes, gettin' tired of the motor song.
What I want is something like a 17 or a 16 as I hear the 16.5's are getting scarce. Guess I should check with the tire store too and see for sure what he can get.

I have mechanical Aptitude.
I can screw up anything.