Chrysler began producing cars in 1924. The Dodge brothers opened their car company in 1919 (I think). Both companies were ahead of their time as far as vehicle engineering are concerned. If you want info on 20 tech, you probably need to do a pretty specific Google search. I'd start at 1924 Chrysler or 1919 Dodge Brothers sedan. Once you dig through the history, there may actual vehicle info, but probably not much.
There is a book that has been around for several years called the "Standard Book of Chrysler" and it has a lot of info covering Chrysler's from the beginning and including the merger with the Dodge Motor Company all the way up to about 1990.

As far as building something from scratch that you want to actually drive, you better know what your state expects, and you better know that your car insurance is going to cover it when you get to that point.

The next thing is that 1920s tech was great in the 1920s, but not so good a century later, in fact, it wasn't so good by the 1930s, and became worse about every 10 years as time has passed by. Personally, I wouldn't want to drive a 1920 car on the roads in 2015, and you can probably forget anything near highway speeds, top speeds were probably in the 50 mph range, and that was scary fast back then. The guys that drove those cars 50 mph had big balls of steel, and many of them died proving it.

Your in Texas, I suggest you find something in the 30s and modify it. Gene