Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

FYI, while there are obvious weight differences, the Dana 60 is more "efficient" than an 8 3/4 rear. I've been told by several class racers that in most cases, there has been minimal, if any, change in ET. The Ford 9" is probably the least efficient of the popular rears and the Chevy 12 bolt is the best!

Are you trying to start WW III? Saying a 9" is the least efficient! Oh the humanity! LOL

It would be pointless to argue with the facts.

As far as strength, I'm well aware of my old buddy Quicktree's opinion on 9" vs Dana 60's. But despite the ease of gear changes in a 9", a Dana 60 will handle anything most people would ever need. Once the optimum gear ratio is known, the drop-out center benefit isn't that big of a deal. Besides, the expense of maxing out a 9" is astronomical.

dana 60's are for trucks 9s are for racing, you can't argue facts

A wider gear selection and the simplicity of a drop-out center section are THE ONLY benefits a 9" has over a Dana 60. Pros and a small percentage of hard core sportsman racers will benefit from a 9". Spend enough money and you can make just about anything stronger/lighter/faster than another competitive part.

But back on topic....

If rear end weight is a concern, most likely to go faster, then efficiency should also be a concern. If you install a heavier, but stronger and less expensive rear and don't slow down, it's worth it! If a Dana 60 will result in similar ET's over an 8 3/4", then it will certainly be faster than a Ford 9" which is heavier and even less efficient than an 8 3/4".